About this password checker
This password checker does not collect, store, or transmit information.
The password you enter is checked and validated on your computer. It is not sent over the Internet.
|Test Your Password||Recommended Minimum Requirements|
|Number of Characters||Flat||+(n*4)|
|Middle Numbers or Symbols||Flat||+(n*2)|
|Repeat Characters (Case Insensitive)||Comp||-|
|Consecutive Uppercase Letters||Flat||-(n*2)|
|Consecutive Lowercase Letters||Flat||-(n*2)|
|Sequential Letters (3+)||Flat||-(n*3)|
|Sequential Numbers (3+)||Flat||-(n*3)|
|Sequential Symbols (3+)||Flat||-(n*3)|
• Flat: Rates that add/remove in non-changing increments.
• Incr: Rates that add/remove in adjusting increments.
• Cond: Rates that add/remove depending on additional factors.
• Comp: Rates that are too complex to summarize. See source code for details.
• n: Refers to the total number of occurrences.
• len: Refers to the total password length.
• Additional bonus scores are given for increased character variety.
• Final score is a cumulative result of all bonuses minus deductions.
• Final score is capped with a minimum of 0 and a maximum of 100.
• Score and Complexity ratings are not conditional on meeting minimum requirements.
This application is designed to assess the strength of password strings. The instantaneous visual feedback provides the user a means to improve the strength of their passwords, with a hard focus on breaking the typical bad habits of faulty password formulation. Since no official weighting system exists, we created our own formulas to assess the overall strength of a given password. Please note, that this application does not utilize the typical "days-to-crack" approach for strength determination. We have found that particular system to be severely lacking and unreliable for real-world scenarios. This application is neither perfect nor foolproof, and should only be utilized as a loose guide in determining methods for improving the password creation process.